The “Leggett & Peddie Building.” Built by George Leggett in 1865 after the fire of 1864, 201-203 Glen Street was built as a 19th-century drug store. Originally, the upper floors were occupied by the Bullard Press, a general printing and engraving firm. The Leggett & Peddie building has been home to many commercial ventures throughout the years, including a barbershop, cigar factory, bakery, and Miles Shoe Store, a full-service shoe shop operating during downtown Glens Falls’ bustling 1940’s.
Purchased in 2002 by Kaidas Properties, the building has been remodeled to include modern downtown apartments and commercial retail space on the first floor. Much of the historic charm was preserved in the renovations—including hardwood floors throughout, exposed brick walls, and the ornate pressed tin ceiling that crowns the first floor retail space. The building also features a private courtyard off the Ridge Street Parking Lot. A flower garden and fountain make this stone patio a quiet oasis in the heart of the city.